Sights and attractions: Badacsony
Kisfaludy Sándor and Szegedy Róza literature memorial museum
Between the many vineyards the most beautiful is the Szegedy Róza's white press house. Between the walls nowadays there is a literature museum and an ethnographic collections can be viewed. The most nobles press house of hungarian peasant baroque was Szegedy Roza's own, and after the marrige with Kisfaludy Sándor, it was common property. (Szegedy Róza street 80.)
Stone of rose - a favorite tourist destination for couples in love
The split off basalt stone probably got the name from Kisfaludy Róza, ehich was carved into the cliff in 1886. After that the stone has a very important role in the life of people: according to the tradition, if a boy and a girl sit down on the stone turned their back on Lake Balaton, they will be engaged in that year, but if the girl sits down on it it is also enought.
"The Stone Gate's stone columns illustrate the power of wind and water. As a result of natural forces and huge erosion work, basalt towers has fallen, and fragmented real stone sea formed. Next to it we can drink from the Klastrom-fountain's cold, fresh water.It's a perfect drinking water, its temperature is 4-5 degrees all year. Close to this used to stand the Pauline monastery named from St. Emeric.The folk tradition
holds that monks living in the monastery grown the first, French, Burgundian pinot gris from donated grapes, and this pinot gris called ""szürkebarát"" in hungarian."
Rodostó tourist house
The Rodostó tourist house was built in 1936, in hungarian style, in memory of Rákóczi Ferenc and his companions. On the wall there are boards, one of these in memory of Rákóczi and his companions, and the other with the names of those, who made a lot for the saving of the hill with their work, and for that to stop the basalt mining, which was very dangerous for the town.
The stair of Bujdosók
The stair of Bujdosók consist of 464 steps, with resting points which are named about famous kuruc people (Bercsényi Miklós, Mikes Kelemen, Cinka Panna).
There is a huge stone cross on the hill's southern landscape's sharp ledge, which was erected by Ranolder János bishop in 1857. Some bigger pieces of the cross was towed by 40 buffalos up to the hill. Away from it we can admire Lake Balaton's breathtaking view. The Harangozó-börc is a lookout point under the Ranolder-cross. The people named the basalt columns and towers as wool sacks. Eötvös Károly, the famous scientist of Lake Balaton wrote down that if we hit the projecting stone bench with a hammer, there is a voice, which is similar to a giant bell's voice.
Maybe the bikers first destination is the thatched cottage at the bottom of the hill's cliffs. The poet's house is a good example for the late barocco in villages, which is actually a wine cellar, and it is special because the original owner is Sándor Kisfaludy. The building nowadays operating as a restaurant.
Commemorative museum of Egry József
In the house of the master of the lights and colours of Lake Balaton there are the pictures and graphics of the painter. Egry József is the representative of the modern hungarian painting, who used to ive in Badacsony for a long time. ( Walkway Egry 12.)
Elizabeth Udvardi Gallery
Lake Balaton landscape, the world of Badacsony,the water and the varieties of seasons here are included in his work.Furthermore you can find another constant theme, the Bible.
St. Emeric's Church
Europe's first two towers of basalt church of St. Emeric's Church was built in 1932 in Neoromanesque style. Main altarpiece represents three events in Jesus' life (The Last Supper, Gethsemane Gardens, Resurrection), which praise the work of painter Elizabeth Udvardi. The church's parson was dr. Laszlo Lékai, later Archbishop of Esztergom, he restored the temple from the damage of World War II.